The term "Personal Data" refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, birth date, telephone number, e-mail address or mailing address.
This website is continually improved by adding new functionality and features and by improving and adding to existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, data practices will change from time to time. If and when data practices change, such changes will (as soon as practicable) be posted on this website to notify you of the changes. You should check this page frequently.
You will understandably have a concern about privacy. Your privacy is respected and your personal information is treated with the highest standards of safety, security and confidentiality. To better protect your privacy, this notice explains online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used on this website. If you have questions regarding this Policy, contact email@example.com
Explaining the Legal Basis
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters
When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you order an item from us for home delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, which we may also pass to our third-party couriers
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting the company to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we will use your purchase or quote history to send you or make available personalised offers.
We also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new products/services.
Collection of Personal Data including e-mail addresses
Information is collected about you in an effort to make products and services on this website more efficient and customized to you. You are free to browse this website without revealing any personal information about yourself. However, once you provide your personal information, register or use the sign in with Google feature you are no longer anonymous.
The information you provide will be collected and stored securely. You may use this website to register to receive additional information or services. When you register, you will be asked for contact information like your name, postal address and e-mail address.
The information that you provide is sometimes supplemented with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate postal or zip codes are received, third party software may be used to rectify this.
Use of Personal Data
The purposes for which Personal Data is processed include the following:
- To respond to your requests and to fulfil your orders for products and services.
- To improve products and services, make your experience more efficient and relevant and provide you with a personalised service.
- To administer this website
- To analyse and research website visitors' demographics, interests, and pages viewed based on the information provided during ordering, from server log files, or surveys.
- To contact you from time to time with information of new products and services or events that may be of interest to you.
Who has access to your data
To help personalise your journey through the website we currently use the following companies, who will process your personal data as part of their contracts with us:
- Active Campaign
- Dynamic Yield
- Endless Gain
- Fluid Commerce
How can you stop the use of your personal data
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails.
- If you have an account, log in into your account, visit the ‘My Account’ area and change your communication preferences.
- Write to Moda Furnishings, Data Protection, Riverpark Road, Manchester, M40 2XP
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Anonymous data collected through this website
In addition to the information collected as described above, technology is used to collect anonymous information about the use of this website. These technologies may include though are not limited to, Google Analytics Advertising Features such as ‘Remarketing with Google Analytics’ and ‘Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting’. These and other technologies may be used to track which pages of this website visitors view as well as to collate non-personal demographic information about our visitors. Technology may also be used to determine which web browsers visitors use. This technology does not identify you personally, it simply enables the compilation of statistics about website visitors and their use of this website.
This website contains hyperlinks to other pages on this website. Technology may be used to track how often these links are used and which pages on this website visitors choose to view. Again, this technology does not identify you personally & it simply enables the compilation of statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
Such anonymous data is used to improve the content and functionality of this website and e-mail updates, to better understand clients and markets, and to improve services.
Cookies and IP address
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, in the future temporary "cookies" that collect the first level domain name of the user (for example, if your e-mail address is "email@example.com," the cookie collects the "bigmail.com" portion of your e-mail address) and the date and time you accessed this website may be used. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive. An example of a Cookie that we use is the ‘Google Analytics’ cookie which aids our internal reporting. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not.
IP address may also be used to help diagnose problems with this website's server and to administer this website. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information, such as determining how many visitors are from outside of the UK.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
- Your Personal Data will not be shared, sold or distributed with unrelated third parties, except under these circumstances:
- Personal Data may occasionally be transferred to third parties for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented.
- Personal Data will be transferred to third parties for further processing in order to fulfil orders placed by you via this Web Site and to provide an after sales service.
- Third parties are engaged to perform services or functions in order to manage and improve this website, merchandising, marketing and promotional efforts, communications or other services. Those third parties include authorized contractors, consultants, legal advisors and other companies (collectively, "agents"). They only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, and may not share any personal information with others or use it for any other purposes than that which is contractually agreed. Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, that third party is contractually required to take adequate precautions to protect that data and maintain confidentiality. Information about you may also be received from other sources (such as demographic information and purchase history) and it may be added to records about you in order to make marketing efforts more efficient.
- The information in this websites databases' may be shared or transferred to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of the databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of a sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event.
- Where you have consented, your information may be disclosed to partners or other businesses who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you.
- During the purchase process, your information may be shared with certain intermediaries (e.g. RoyalMail) strictly to process and ship your order.
Data integrity and security
Personal Data in this website’s databases are maintained to a high standard of reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency and to protect the privacy and security of the databases. Personal Data will be kept only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
Employees and third parties who have access to Personal Data have been trained to handle such data properly and in accordance with security protocols and strict standards of confidentiality. Although loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction of data cannot be guaranteed, such unfortunate occurrences are prevented as far as reasonably possible.
Security measures protect you while you shop on this website so that you never have to worry about credit card safety. This website's servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption technology that works with Netscape, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and AOL's browser, so that no other party can read a buyer's personal information. Only the last five digits of your credit card number will be revealed when you are sent an order confirmation. However, the entire credit card number will be transmitted to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
Third party sites
Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit identification of your Personal Data, such Personal Data held about you will be disclosed to you. Corrections, amendments or deletions to Personal Data that is inaccurate can be made and will be notified to any third party recipients.
If you wish to access or correct your Personal Data, please write to us at Moda Furnishing, Data Protection, Riverpark Road, Manchester, M40 2XP or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org You will not be charged for a correction request, Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations.
You may ask to have your account information removed from this website's active databases; however, because this website tracks past purchases, information associated with past purchases can not be deleted. Such information will be deactivated as soon as reasonably possible based on your account activity. Also, as a security measure the data stored on this website's systems is "backed-up", and such prior information cannot be completely removed from the databases. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your Personal Data will be completely removed from the databases in response to your requests. However, please be aware that your personally identifiable information will be kept only for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
You must be at least 18 years old to use this website. Personal Data about visitors under 18 years of age will not be knowingly collected, used or disclosed. If you are a minor, you can use this website only in conjunction with your parents or guardians.
Transfer of Personal Data abroad
Personal data which you submit to this website may be processed in a country other than England but steps are taken to ensure that your Personal Data is kept secure by contractual and technical means.
Of course, the Internet is made up of a large number of international connections. If you are visiting this website from a country other than the country in which its server is located (currently England), the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. By visiting this website and communicating electronically, you consent to these transfers.
Use of Personal Data for Credit Checking
To ensure that your credit, debit or chargecard is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity and a credit check is not performed unless you have completed a full application for finance as your payment method. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies allow a site or services to know if your computer or device has visited that site or service before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies does Moda Furnishings use?
There are generally four categories of cookies: “Strictly Necessary,” “Performance,” “Functionality,” and “Targeting.” Moda Furnishings routinely uses all four categories of cookies on the Service. You can find out more about each cookie category below.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Service and use its features, such as accessing logged in or secure areas.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow us to remember how you’re logged in, whether you chose to no longer see pop ups, when you logged in or out, the state or history of Service tools you’ve used. These cookies also allow us to tailor the Service to provide enhanced features and content. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous, and they are not used to track your browsing activity on other sites or services.
- Targeting Cookies. Moda Furnishings, our advertising partners or other third party partners may use these types of cookies to deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests. These cookies can remember that your device has visited a site or service, and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services other than Moda Furnishings This information may be shared with organizations outside Moda Furnishings, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver the advertising, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign, or other business partners for the purpose of providing aggregate Service usage statistics and aggregate Service testing.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
First and third party cookies
First-party cookies are cookies that belong to Moda Furnishings, third-party cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through our Service. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service for Moda Furnshings, for example to help us understand how our service is being used. Third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet.
How to control and delete cookies
If you want to delete cookies or disable your browser from receiving cookies follow the instructions at https://www.allaboutcookies.org. Note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Service and other parts of our Service may not work properly.